Calling all South Florida Mermaids and Mermen! We have a two race swim series for 2017! Come make waves with us!
Saturday May 13, 2017
Saturday August 19, 2017
Register online at: https://runsignup.com/
Are you a Mermaid or Merman or just want to enjoy an organized and safe open water swim? The Mermaid Club is hosting the second Mermaid Mile open water swim. The swim will be held at the pristine beaches of Boca Raton, Florida and will start at Spanish River Park – tower 19. Participants will have a mass swim start and will do an out and back swim. There will be six lifeguards overseeing safety of all participants.
This event will have an official timer and all participants will wear a timing chip. Awards will be given out to the top 3 male/female swimmers in each age group and overall.
Participants will receive food and drinks following the event.
Registration/Packet Pickup Information:
– Pre-Registration till 4/18: $25
– Pre-Registration till 5/12 at noon: $29
– Race Day Registration: $35 starting at 6:00 AM at Pavillion 8.
– Packet pick up begins promptly at 6:00 AM at Pavillion 8.
– All participants receive swim cap!
– Enter park and make a right into north parking lot
– Park anywhere in that area
– Check in at Pavillion 8
– Head under tunnel to swim start
– Mass swim start at Tower 19 at 7:00 AM
Course Information: out and back (please review course map)
– Start at Tower 19
– Swim 50 yards east to first buoy
– Stay on right and head south
– Pass middle buoy, continue to stay on right
– Turn around at 3rd buoy, stay on right, continue back north
– Pass middle buoy again, stay on right
– Pass first buoy again, stay on right, turn west to head to finish
– Come out of water, jog, 25 yards to finish
Fins up Mermaids! Hope to see you there!